3 years have passed...

Day 17

My head is literally blank at the moment.  I wish I had some deep thoughts or anything like it but at the moment I just feel like playing more Octopath Traveler.

At least I'm feeling calm and a bit excited (even if a bit anxious too) about the trip I booked to visit my home country.  It has been 3 long years since the last time I visited in 2020 right before the lockdowns 🙃.

This is hands down, the most I've been without visiting home.  Every year since I moved to Miami I've gone back home at least twice a year and I've always felt very connected (if sometimes annoyed) with my home country due to my upbring, family, friends, customs, etc.

But even though 3 years have passed, technology has helped a lot to make the gap feel less lengthy since I get to talk with friends and family on a daily basis, social media and news websites (Remolacha.net) keep me up to date on current events, so there's that.

One thing though, that technology can't help is with social interactions, and I refer in person.  Thankfully, not counting the months of lockdowns and travel restrictions, I've been able to spend quality time with very dear friends who have visited Miami.  I've met their kids, go out drinking, show them my place and my cats, play videogames, hang around, etc etc etc.

Those memories definitely help to make me feel relaxed and at peace ✌️.

Today has been a long day, and watched so much TV after work.  See ya tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day