Helping man's best friend

Day 26

Even though I've said on the very first post that this is not a diary and is not intended to be one, today's post will be a bit diary-ish. But first a bit on my thought process to write on the blog: There's none. My days go by as usual but certain events may trigger a memory that would be worth to write about and today it was my friend's Peter birthday mainly because he is a really close friend of mine and is worth highlighting the attributes and the quality of person, he is BUT that won't be today.

Today was fairly straightforward but after work I had a couple of errands to do buy some specialty coffee for my little brother and parents before my visit to DR and pick up a Steam Deck a friend lent me.  After I got back home, I noticed this kid and some ladies trying to catch a huge dog I offered to help and they told me that they are not the owners, that the dog seems lost, and they don't live in the community and were very worried for the dog.

I hesitated a little at the beginning because the one thing I could do, but was worried about, was to bring the dog home and search for the owners but as you already know, I have cats and is not like I could keep the dog around for long especially considering I don't even have suitable food for a dog. With the help of one of the neighbors I was able to bring the dog to my garage and went out to do some rounds around the community to see if anyone was looking for a dog. 

I had no freaking luck, no one was looking for a dog, I was able to catch up with security and no one had contacted them about a lost dog either and to top it off.  On the community chat no one was looking for a lost dog and on Ring app I had no luck either. I didn't have any other option than to call the police for assistance, that for me was the last resort because I didn't want the dog to end up at the animal shelter, but my hands were tied.

But long story short, the police officer came home we talked a little about the dog and helped him to take put the dog on the police car.  Thankfully less than an hour later, the police contacted me telling me that the owners were found, and the dog was happily returned to them.  Thanks a lot Officer Eduardo Punyed, your assistance was greatly appreciated.

A male golden labrador mix - Lost for roughly 3 hours.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day