Making someone's life miserable, one song at a time!

Day 22

I'm pretty sure my cousin Sandy will hate for this, but since the last few days many stories have been about my cousins in the barrio, I want to make sure this one in particular is not forgotten. "Back in the day", the neighborhood I grew up in was a very cool place for kids and young people to be around since there were many big number families around, and each with at least 2 kids per household there were the Barranco Arache (4 kids), the Soto Sanchez (4 kids), the Minaya Pimentel (3 kids), the Pichardo Taveras (3 kids), the Polanco Rosarios (4+ kids), there was even one, that they were so much that they were known as "los muchos" (the many ones), obviously mine (5 kids) and many others.

There were people around for each generation of kids, there were many youngers, teenagers, young adults, and so on, but this particular story is not even from my generation but an older one, but I remember so clearly because: 

  1. My cousin used to get super mad about it.
  2. It was funny as hell. 
  3. I remember the most random things ever.

So, my brothers and my cousins (and many others in the barrio) were already teenagers falling in love, having crushes and stuff like that, and it seems that my cousin was into Joseline, but she was dismissive, and someone in their Machiavellian mind (probably my brother) created the following song for my cousin:


Sandy es un niño chiquito y bolsón

Que le gusta mearse to' lo' dia en un colchon

Se tira uno' peo' delante de la gente

que podría matar hasta un perro sin diente

La gente dice: "Ahi viene Sandy"

El levanta un brazo y no pasa ná

Levanta el otro, y se acabó, 

El mundo entero se desmayó

Y la pobre Joseline el quiere conquistar

Pero con ese bajo lo que puede conquistar

Son mime' a patá.


A very roughly translation would be:


Sandy is a kid, small and lame

That likes to piss every day on a mattress

He farts so bad in front of people

That he could even kill a toothless dog

People say "Here comes Sandy"

He raises one arm, and nothing happens.

He raises the other, and you are done.

The whole world blacks out.

And the poor Joseline he wants to conquer,

But with that bad smell all he can conquer

Are a lot of flies 


I still remember how mad he would get, so mad, that made the bullying worse.  I hope if he comes around this post, that he doesn't hate me for this. Mind you, I was a very young kid when this came around, I don't really understand how I remember this.

I will let my cousin rest a bit from stories for the next few days.  I just wanted to make sure I never forget the stupid childish song.

What used to be my Tio's home.  After a few family tragedies, they end up moving out.  This is how it looked back in 2019 by Google Street View.  Nowdays my nephew told me it has been brought down.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day