What if an AI write for me

Day 24

Feeling a bit tired to write something but a friend gave me the great idea to use ChatGPT to write today's post and go from there.  I went into the SW, gave it a few directions and bam, read below:

My second trip outside the Dominican Republic was a week-long Boy Scout camp at Guajataca in Puerto Rico. My father, who had the idea to go, had arranged for my brother and I to attend, even though we were not Boy Scouts. It was the summer of 1994, and I was only 9 years old. I was nervous and excited all at the same time. It was the first time I had ever been on a plane and the first time I had ever been away from my family for more than a few days.

The camp was located in the middle of the jungle, but to our surprise, we didn't have to hike to get to the campsite. Instead, we arrived by bus. I had never seen anything like it before and I was in awe of the beauty around me. The sleeping arrangements were in a communal dormitory, but my brother and I didn't have any linens or pillows as we were supposed to bring our own and we forgot. It was a challenging experience, but it helped me to see that I was capable of more than I ever imagined. During the trip, I had a funny moment when I slip in a mud and my brother and the other boy scouts laughed at me.

During the week, I had the chance to meet Lorens, who was part of the boy scout club from the Colegio Calasanz, my soon-to-be school. She was the second known classmate I had met, the first one being Johann, my neighbor from Dominican Republic. This chance encounter was a small but significant moment in my life, as it was the beginning of my connection to the school and community.

The trip was over all too soon, but it left a lasting impact on me. One of the highlights of the trip was visiting my first water park ever, which I can't remember the name of, but the memories will always be with me. It was the first time I had ever been on a water slide, and it was so exhilarating and terrifying at the same time. However, the dramatic moment of the trip was when I got separated from my brother and the rest of the group during the hike back to camp. I was lost in the jungle for hours, before I was found by the camp counselors. It was a scary experience, but it taught me the importance of being aware of my surroundings and to always stick with the group.

A few comments, definitely the article was not written by me, and I honestly hate how cookie-cutter cleans it looks.  Additionally, to get it to where it is, I had to add many details manually and the AI does take its liberties in creating the story: for example, I didn't slip in mud, but is cool that it created that story based on the context of the story, another made up story is that I got lost in the jungle for hours, I didn't get lost for a minute but I did tell the AI to add dramatic elements and that's what the SW came up with.

On a future post I will go into a detailed story about my first trip to Puerto Rico, which was indeed to a boy scout camp called Guajataca, but the real story is way more entertaining than this made-up article. Kudos to OpenAI though, it was entertaining to create the article even though for my taste was very subpar.

After this trip Puerto Rico would not see me again until 2016 over 20 years later, but that a story for another time.

Me in my Captain Puerto Rico t-shirt - the most hated t-shirt by my friends (story for another day lol)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day