Day 25 And just out of the blue Nintendo and Microsoft announced that Goldeneye 007 is dropping this Friday on Nintendo Switch Online and Xbox consoles, and I couldn't be happier or more excited for this re-release. You see this game originally came out in 1997 and it was the game that proved many things back in the day like that First person shooters could actually work on consoles or that couch multiplayer was here to stay. After Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye 007 became the second-best and popular multiplayer on the Nintendo 64 and not only the multiplayer was magnificent, the single-player mode introduced and adapted many concepts in such a great way, that 26 years later, many FPS games still follow. Back then I was barely 12 years old, in my 3rd year at this new school I was in and that then I felt very weird. I did not necessarily feel unwelcomed, but I did feel like I didn't fit in. I was not part of the popular kids, I was not looking to be one either, I was a bit of...
Day 15 Oh, Sunday but I'm actually feeling very happy about it mainly because tomorrow is a holiday for me, the second one of the year (if we count new year's day) but the last one until May 29th, 2023, for Memorial Day, so a few months of pure work ahead. That said, so far, the weekend has been amazing and chill and the temperature in Miami is quite cool, and it will definitely get better considering that The Last of Us on HBO is coming out in less than two hours. Also today is my dear Tia Yeya birthday, she is turning 82 and is my dad's oldest sister, a woman full of life and with an amazing heart. She has been living in NYC for the past 30 years or so and it is someone who I visit mostly every time I'm in the city. She hosted me in the summer of 2001, when I was 16 years old and is the trip that I can definitely say was my first independent travel experience, much like my nephew's one. Thinking about my aunt and how old is she, had me thinking a bit about my ...
Day 29 In between meeting new family members (and realizing my family is way bigger than what I thought) I haven't been able to shake off a feeling of rage. This is unrelated to my family, which I have plenty of stories to tell, but this is more related to either the goverment of my home country or its habitants, or maybe both. I've been between Santo Domingo and Enriquillo, Barahona which is about 235KM with a few more if we add the furthest destination I went to today: Bahía de las águilas (Eagles's Bay) and god damn, what a depressing site that along the way (the whole way) with the amount of contamination due to plastics and improvised community dumpsters which is depressing and infuriating at the same time. My country is beautiful, the people very nice and happy, my family has been a blast but dear lord, we are our very own enemies. Dominican Republic has many great qualities but we honestly lack a wide understanding on how big of a problem we have in our hands. I...
Comments
Post a Comment