Platero y yo

Day 57

I don't know why, but sometimes I just get way too nostalgic to the point where I just lay down on my bed and cry.  Yeah, I cry, weird huh?

These past week I think I just had way too many good times between catching up with old friends, spending quality time with family, playing a great retro game (The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap) and watching a fun as hell movie (Cocaine Bear) but on the other hand had some stressful situations at work, one of the cats is a bit sick and to top it off I missed two major events with my friends in Miami: Julio's gender reveal and Annie's birthday.

I honestly git very frustrated missing those two in part because I had promise myself, I will try as much as possible to create better connections with my friends and attending social events is well, a great way to do that.  In the past they have given me way too much flak for not participating on certain activities and well, is never too late to fix the damage done (but FYI, I had good excuses for missing out).

Anyways, today at some point I got just sad and for reasons I don't understand, I remembered this book I used to read when I was a child "Platero y yo" (Platero and I), a book about a donkey called Platero and the relationship with the author.  Remembering the book brought very strong feelings for when I was a child and made think a lot about the relationships in my life and the frustration I get whenever I say "I will read more" but never do.

My dad has always been an avid reader and following his steps on this has been hard.  When I was a child, I used to read a lot but as I grew older, I read less and less.

Anyways nostalgia got the best of me, and I ended up buying "Platero y yo" and "El Principito" (the little prince), adding to it "Apareció en mi ventana" (Appeared in my window), which I bought I few months ago, I got three childhood favorites.

I promise myself I will go over all 3, and maybe more in the upcoming weeks.

I also read tonight my favorite poem from Salomé Ureña, and that's another one that hit hard for me, but that's story will be one for another day, in the meantime I'll go to bed and dream about "Taco y yo".



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day