This "little" place called the Internet

Day 58

This post will be focused mostly on the internet and the websites I visit every single day and why.  Since 1996 or 1997 I've been using the internet for a wide variety of things and as many back then, all started with a dial up connection which was itself a hassle, but it was the technology available at the time.

Nowadays the Internet is ubiquitous, and you can barely go through the day without using it made that be for pleasure or business.  Anyways, I just want to highlight some pf the websites that by Feb 27, 2023, I visit on a daily basis.  In no particular order the sites are:

  1. Remolacha.net - my go to website for Dominican news for the serious, not so serious and absurd things out of my country.  Is a mix between news and show biz. Mostly focused in DR but also major news out of the US and around the world.
  2. Yahoo.com - I've been using Yahoo ever since I started using the internet.  I still go there daily just because is a very easy way to gather news from all over the net. I don't use it as a web search tool.
  3. CNN.com - news source from all over the world but obviously mostly US.
  4. Foxnews.com - just to check highlights and read the eventual non-sense.  You have to have a wide arrange of information to form a a good opinion.
  5. Local10.com - South Florida news.
  6. MiamiHerald.com - Mostly South Florida news.
  7. IGN.com - my go to website for videogames news, opinions, reviews and previews.  They also cover tech, TV and Movies.
  8. Gamespot.com - just like IGN.
  9. Slickdeals.net - IMHO the best website to find good deals. I mostly use it for videogame deals.
  10. Wikipedia.com - I am an avid Wikipedia reader.  I can spend plenty of time reading about one thing and then jumping to another and another one and another one.
  11. Google.com - the only web search tool I use.
  12. Youtube.com - actually this website deserves a full post just on all the channels I follow and check on a daily basis.  But that will be a future post.
  13. Billboard.com - music news
  14. NintendoWorldReport.com - originally known as planetgamecube.com - is one of my daily sources for Nintendo related things.
  15. Nintendojo.com - just as above.
  16. Nintendolife.com - just as above.
  17. Facebook.com - what can I say? It used to be my favorite social media service.  Good way to stick my nose on someone else's life.  I get good recommendations for funny videos and articles from around the web.
  18. Instagram.com - as of today, my favorite social media service.
  19. Blogger.com - duh!
  20. News.google.com - a summary of the main highlights of news in different categories.
  21. Gmail.com - I don't really have to explain this one.
Those are just the ones I go to daily but there are many others I access on the regular, these are:
  1. Kotaku.com - mostly gaming news and related things.
  2. Engadget.com - mostly Tech news.
  3. Vgchartz.com - a stupid thing I used to do a few years ago was to check how good or bad games and consoles would be selling, well, this website summarizes that.
  4. Twitter.com - Not really a user but I would eventually go in following a link or something.
  5. Listindiario.com - Dominican news.
  6. Acento.com.do - Dominican news.
  7. my.nintendo.com - A Nintendo service where you can get some rewards.
  8. flights.google.com - my go to site for trips research.
So, there you go, just a quick glimpse on my favorite ones.  I hope to write about the channels I follow on YouTube soon though, there are many interesting ones.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day