Amiibo Collector

Day 76

One of the weird things I do, is that I collect amiibos.  Some may know what it is, but for those who don't these are figurines made by Nintendo and their partners based on their IP as a part of a toy-to-life platform.  I knew from the get-go that I was not going to use the "toy-to-life" portion of them and mostly get them as collectibles.

Initially, since I knew I was not going to use them as intended, I hesitated a lot to get any of it but as soon as they were released many of them were selling out really fast, and due to the news and also because I started to suffer from FOMO, I started collected them.

These figurines were initially released in 2014 so basically, I've been collecting them for 9 years and well, lets just say that I have too many.  What initially started as a little joke, quickly became a big passion and every time a new amiibo is announced, I slowly but surely start to follow the news to put my preorder in time.

The reason I'm bringing this up is that with my amiibos I used to use them as my stand-in models through my trips around the world, and at every new trip, I will take a different figurine a snaps pictures of it all over the place and just a few days ago, Facebook reminded me that about 6 years ago I was in Washington, DC taking pictures of my amiibo and posting it.

I don't know why I stopped doing that, I really enjoyed doing it, and the amiibos always presented a new interesting way to record my travels.  Anyways, below a few examples, and well, I hope I get back to this someday and I think the main reason why I stopped doing it, is that I stopped posting pictures with the frequency I used to do it.  I rarely post pictures on my feed, mostly I post stories but anyways, below the pics as promised:

Mario in a Glacier in Norway

Paris, France

Mario excited he is travelling

Pikachu in Iceland

Pit in Heidelberg, Germany

Kirby at the Museo del Prado in Madrid, Spain

Link in Washington, DC. USA

Toad in Iceland

Poochy in Zurich, Switzerland

Taco modeling with Cat Mario and Cat Peach in Doral, FL, USA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day