Fireflies

Day 69

A full day later but well, today I'm down to the point of "it is what it is" and won't get a bit mad at myself for missing out the writing or being late.  Anyways, there has been many topics going around my head like tell stories about having a Dominican passport and all the visa issues I've run into in the past, or tell some stories related to the World Baseball Classic that recently started, but no.  

It will be way simpler than that, I will just share some lyrics of one of those feel-good songs I tend to go to.  The song is called "Fireflies" by Owl City and it became a hit back in 2009 and there's something about the ethereal sound of the song, or the imaginative and creative lyrics that really transport me to this weird magical place where I try to imagine how would it feel if "I get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lighting bugs".

My favorite part of the song is the end, in part because I feel it's a bit sad and nostalgic and the last few lines are the following:

 

To ten million fireflies

I'm weird 'cause I hate goodbyes

I got misty eyes as they said, "Farewell" (they said farewell)

But I'll know where several are

If my dreams get real bizarre

'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar (jar, jar, jar)

 

I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep

'Cause everything is never as it seems (when I fall asleep)


Music and lyrics by Adam Young.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day