"Motivational" Quotes

Day 70

I guess this is a nice milestone to celebrate, 70 days writing this blog. even though at the moment I don't feel very inspired, in part because I'm feeling a bit under the weather but nothing serious but also because I cannot find the right words to really write down what I want to, so I will just divert to a memory from Facebook and what happens to be one of my most beloved memes.


I posted this in March of 2016 and my feelings about this meme are exactly the same: I really hate or dislike those self-help or motivational quotes and the reason why is simple: they don't do shit IMHO.  Phrases are just that, a bunch of words and feel free to like them if you want, but action is what actually get you the results you are looking for.

And analyzing the meme above, is just a bunch of BS done to manipulate (in case they can) minds with a nice little message with a very flawed logic and the response being very in your face that following the same logic certain actions like laziness, negativity and procrastination are even more valuable than knowledge, hardwork or attitude.

These motivational quotes are so tacky that some have become a running joke (those Paulo Coelho quotes come to mind) and are so widespread that in social media some people tend to put them on their pictures with what I assume is wanting to be seeing as interesting and knowledgeable but, in my eyes, they look everything but that.  I could be wrong though and I might just be here hating a little.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day