Those 18hours workdays!

Day 78

I finally was able to make it - be behind on posting - I should be stressed out but, to my surprise that's the least I am even after the hectic day I had.

In between emails, meetings, supplier visit, discussions, travels, skepticism, running against the clock, long hours, an uber driver that didn't stop speaking, a mild farewell to a colleague (due to being on different terminals), a shitty dinner (McDonalds), arriving very late at home and having to get things ready like taking out the trash, cleaning my cats' litterboxes and such, normally a day like that would have had me with headaches and anxiety through the roof, and yet, I'm as calm as a kite in the sky on clear day.

You see, even with all the craziness (including but not limited to being bashed by a customer), it was, and overall extremely productive day.  I got things done, I spent quality time with colleague, got to know a really cool facility from our supplier, got to help on fixing issues and collaborate in deep discussion about very important topics.

It was, for all intent and purposes, a non-stop day of work that went from 7AM until 1AM - but you know what? I'm happy and calmed and I was nicely received at home.

And even though I was in Chicago, I couldn't get to downtown and I was a bit underwhelmed by that but, the Terminal 3 of O'Hare International Airport helped me remind myself of the great times in this city and how nice it is to travel and be grateful for the experience in hand, and that was really cool.

This hallway always brings good memories

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Procrastination 🥲

A Dominican Maestro!

Pi Day