Trips...

Day 93

I just want to detail a bit of my upcoming trips.  Just to set straight some expectations and concerns.  In order of occurrence they are:

- New Orleans, LA- April 2023 - Visiting for a few short days for a work-related conference.  Excited because it will be my first time in this city but at the same time, because is for work and I'll be traveling alone, I do have certain reservations on if I'll get bored or not.  Nevertheless, the conference does have very important topics, speakers and fun activities.  I look at this as a great opportunity to continue adding to my professional growth and to add value to my activities at work.

- Chicago, IL - May 2023 - Another visit for work.  This will be exclusively for training on a standard/test procedures I work with.  Another opportunity for career development and knowledge gathering for my team.  Could have been a more exciting trip if I were to stay closer to the city but I'll be far away and well, I see myself working 100% of the time.

- Europe - June 2023 - This actually needs a separate section

- Bologna, Italy: still yet to be confirmed, but if I end up going, will be for a cousin's wedding.  This would be the first time off since December 2022.

- Ochsenhausen/Memmingem, Germany: Visit our HQ and factory.  Training, meetings and collaboration efforts with my colleagues.  If anything like last year, I have to get ready to immerse myself into German culture.  I have to get even more serious with my Duolingo classes prior to this trip.

- Sofia, Bulgaria - Technically it will be near a city called Plovdiv - continuing on a factory visit, this is exciting since I'll get to meet new team members and factory (which are pretty cool) but also, even though for work, a new country and culture.  Back in college, one of my math teachers happened to be from Bulgaria and well, always had the hunch to see where she came from (and end up in DR), additionally, one of my colleagues said that Bachata music is a big thing and I need to experience that with my own eyes.

- Lienz, Austria - Continuing on the factory visits, it will be mostly meetings and meet ups with my colleagues. Looking forward spending an afternoon hiking at the Alps though.

- Undecided destination - Due to Independence Day weekend, I may have a few days off before coming back home.  Pending research.

- Chicago, IL - August 2023 - For Lollapalooza, my go to festival.  This year there are plenty of artist who I want to check.  This is what I normally during the summer and is the perfect time to visit Chicago.

After this, I have nothing in the agenda either for work or personal and just by reading this list, I already feel tired and feeling like I need a two-week vacation, that said, that could be what happens in October or so if I end up going to Japan.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shopping Cart Theory

Forced to mingle!

Allergies :|